Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
556 Washington St
Gary, IN 46402
Data not available
21st Century Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Indiana University-Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)21Students
- Indiana State University17Students
- Purdue University12Students
- University of Wisconsin12Students
- Indiana University - Bloomington11Students
- Purdue University - Calumet10Students
- Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne9Students
- University of Texas - Austin8Students
- Indiana University - Northwest7Students
- University of Miami7Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
- Very Good9
In short, I am both a senior in high school and a college student at Ivy Tech Community College. This experience has taught me responsibility and accountability and I learned many things ever since my freshman year in high school. I work well with Microsoft Office functions such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. My work ethic alone is a big factor of my experience. I was elected Secretary of Student Government during my junior year of high school and also participated in basketball each season. I've taken AP United States History and AP Environmental Science. 21st Century Charter School has definitely prepared me for college!
- 23 days ago
The things that I enjoy the most about 21st Century Charter School is that the school within itself is a great experience for anyone to pursue a great education. The teachers and staff all work together one on one with students to help them learn and understand what the fundamentals of the lectures are. The school taught me to always stride towards success and to never give up on something that I truly believe in, honestly I can say if my parents didn't enroll me into a school like 21st Century Charter School, I wouldn't have a great education in my own opinion. I recommend many parents and students to all give 21st Century CHarter School a chance to enlighten their views not only on education itself but also on their lives.
- 20 days ago
The extracurricular opportunities at 21st Century Charter School are very extraneous. There are a lot of things for students to get into. There is the anime club, charm club, 21st Century Student Ambassadors, National Honor Society, prom/homecoming committee, booster club, poetry club, debate teams, and more. The sponsors are very helpful and they look after the club making sure everything is run smoothly.
- High School Junior
- 7 months ago