Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Abbeville High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Louisiana - Lafayette57Students
- Louisiana State University30Students
- South Louisiana Community College19Students
- Tulane University17Students
- McNeese State University14Students
- Loyola University New Orleans12Students
- University of Texas - Austin11Students
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana7Students
- Sam Houston State University7Students
- University of Louisiana - Monroe7Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
- Very Good22
Actually this year we became an A school! As a sophomore, I'm still learning the atmosphere. Yet, for sure our school spirit can outshine any school! Most teachers always offer tutoring and eager to help student for success. We may not be the most famous schools in the country but, we are continuing to be the best school as we can be.
- 5 hours ago
Because of Common Core, teachers have limited resources in the classroom. The technology 80% of the time does not work and teachers struggle to teach lessons because of students never understanding the lectures. Common Core has really murdered the teaching process, and my teachers always say that they wish they could go back to teaching their own way to where we would actually learn about the subject we are taking, instead of taking 50 billion tests every semester like we do now and that we learn nothing from. Common Core tests us more on memory instead of our intellectual aspects; which is really sad.
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago
There are several clubs, organizations, and sports for who ever wish to join. The National Beta Club is the most well known. There is a large population of students at Abbeville High School that participate year round. Beta Club gives a chance to those who have unique talents that needs to be seen or heard. This is also a great opportunity to be involved outside of school and to give back with the community. As far as sports, most students who join are very competitive in what they do. Sports can range from baseball, softball, soccer, and the most well known of all, football and basketball.
- Niche User
- 11 months ago