Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst31Students
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell28Students
- Worcester State University28Students
- Northeastern University27Students
- Boston University21Students
- Suffolk University16Students
- University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth16Students
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute16Students
- Fitchburg State University15Students
- Harvard University14Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
Data not available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
- Very Good46
My experience in this school has mostly consisted of good memories. The courses that the school provides are challenging but yet very informative. Even if certain tests and quizzes in a class are hard, the teachers are always there to help guide the students to success by providing extra help after school on certain weekdays. One thing I absolutely am grateful for in this school is the fact that the school takes bullying very seriously. I've encountered little to no bullying experience in the total eleven years so far that I've attended this school. The school makes their students feel very safe and offers their students a welcoming learning environment. Although there are some teachers that I prefer over others, I am thankful for all of the staff members, for they have guided me to get to where I am now. My favorite experiences at this school would be the events hosted by clubs in the school, such as the Winterball and the semi-formal dance. At these dances, I love seeing all of the students at the school get to be themselves and act like one large family. I also love the clubs that I have been in throughout my high school experience, such as Student Council and Youth Against Homelessness. From these clubs, I learn about the importance of teamwork, especially when planning new school events. The Youth Against Homelessness is by far my favorite club to be in, for the people in it are very down-to-earth and we all share one common goal: helping the homeless by hosting food drives, coat drives, and walks. I believe that this school is unique in that all of the students are going on their separate paths in life and all have different aspirations and goals. The students in this school are very diverse in race, which I believe will be very beneficial in the future. By being in one of the most diverse schools in Worcester, attending students learn how to work with people who have grown up in different backgrounds, which'll benefit us in the real world.
- High School Junior
- 10 months ago
Most of the teachers at this school are easy going and well-rounded people. Of course, this is all out of perspective. Some teachers I connect with a lot more than others. There are so teachers that I personally find intimidating, but others find very friendly. Altogether, the teachers are very open to suggestions from the students in ways to help improve their teaching. Most of the teachers have a good grasp in maintaining the class' behavior and keeping the students under control. The teachers are all very smart and will not come up with a random answer if they do not know something that the student asks about. The teachers here are very consistent in their grading and grades everyone fairly. The teachers all want the best for their students and will often suggest certain students to stay after with them if they are struggling with the material.
- High School Junior
- 10 months ago
Some of my favorite experiences at school would be the events like Pep rallies or Senior night in athletics. This school is unique because it is so diverse. For example, there was a Student Council trip I was taken on and everyone said our school had some many different backgrounds and ethnicities. I would choose this school again because the rules, in my opinon, are probably more strict than most schols in Worcester which makes it easier to focus on your education rather than getting in trouble every other day.
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago