Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Aberdeen High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Towson University100Students
- Harford Community College83Students
- University of Maryland - College Park77Students
- University of Maryland - Baltimore County54Students
- University of Delaware44Students
- Johns Hopkins University41Students
- Stevenson University32Students
- Penn State31Students
- Morgan State University27Students
- Salisbury University27Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
- Very Good69
The teachers for the upper-level, AP courses were very obviously in that position for a reason. It was clear the difference in dedication, discipline and teaching styles that those teachers held over those who did not teach an advanced course. I do believe that there were some teachers in positions that would have been better filled by others, specifically within the magnet program within the school. It was very clique-y among those teachers, and borderline pretentious at times, which caused some struggling students to fall behind where it could have easily been avoided, and some beyond qualified teachers denied certain classes.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago
I chose to leave my middle school friends to attend the magnet program at Aberdeen High. It was the toughest and best decision I've made in my life. I've made a lot great friends and have been able to form personal relationships with all my teachers. There's no shortage of clubs and activities, even an amine club, if you're into that! I've loved every minute of my high school experience and would definitely choose this school again if I could.
- High School Senior
- July 14 2013
My experience with Aberdeen high school has been over all good so far. The teacher that I've had have been really supportive of my choices and decisions, and have been really supportive of college readiness and really helping me prepare for college and all the requirements. The students are also great and some really take the extra step to help others with anything needed. We also have a multitude of clubs and sports and extracurricular activities for anyone.
- 2 months ago