Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Abilene High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Abilene Christian University120Students
- Hardin-Simmons University96Students
- University of Texas - Austin93Students
- Texas Tech University85Students
- Texas Christian University67Students
- Angelo State University63Students
- Cisco College62Students
- University of North Texas54Students
- McMurry University53Students
- Baylor University52Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
- Very Good81
There are many things to love about this school such as it's diversity and acceptance of people, but I can count on my fingers the number of teachers who seem like they value education, and care for students. Which is shameful considering the amount of teachers that actually work in the school. I would like to see this school improve in every area possible, it has such amazing potential though a big part of the problem is the budget of the school and administration, therefore, it's not completely teachers fault but it would be nice to see some improvement. However, despite the adversity that students face due to reasons stated above most of them graduate as well rounded human beings, ripe with experience, ready to go out and better the world.
- 26 days ago
I am a current student at Abilene High, and throughout the past four years, I have had my fair share of the ups and downs that life throws. There were times when I wanted to give up and thought that would be the best solution to all my problems. I started slipping in school work when times got hard, and I honestly did not believe I would make it through high school. I was blessed with amazing teachers that truly love their students and will do anything to ensure they succeed. It is because of certain teachers that I am now part of the class of 2017, and I will be graduating with honors. When I was not able to push myself, my educators gave me that extra "ummph" to help me reach my goals. No education system is perfect, but in the time I have attended Abilene High, my teachers have significantly excelled in their work, helping students the way they should, and that has made my experience worth while.
- 1 month ago
There are some great classes available if you actively seek them out, especially in the history department. The science department, however, has somewhat fallen apart, and administration tends to treat students as potential problems. Non-mainstream sports (examples of mainstream include football, volleyball, basketball) tend to struggle with funding, as does the fine arts department.
- 1 month ago