Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Abingdon High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Virginia Tech56Students
- University of Virginia39Students
- Radford University27Students
- James Madison University21Students
- East Tennessee State University20Students
- Vanderbilt University20Students
- Virginia Highlands Community College20Students
- College of William & Mary18Students
- Emory & Henry College17Students
- Liberty University17Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
- Very Good24
After-school opportunities at my school cover a wide range of interests. We have marching band as well as many athletic teams, including: cross-country, football, cheer-leading, golf, wrestling, indoor track, wrestling, basketball, outdoor track, soccer, tennis, and baseball. We also have a Scholastic Bowl team and Forensics team. Chorus students also have the opportunity to tryout for a musical every year. Also, we have countless clubs, though club meetings are during school rather than after school. Our clubs include: Spanish Club, French Club, Latin Club, Chess Club, Youth Alive, Key Club, AT Squared, Drama Club, Pre-Med Club, Civinettes, and Blue Crew.
- High School Senior
- Feb 10 2014
I have been enrolled in Abingdon High School for the past four years. It has been a great school and has given me an amazing high school education. I have played varsity baseball every season since freshman year. I am the president of the Future Business Leaders of America club at my school, and I am also involved in the Civenette's club. I was a member of Blue Crew my freshman and sophomore year. I am currently the Vice President of the National Art Honor Society of Abingdon High School, my junior year I was the Treasurer. I am also a very involved member of the National Honor Society.
- 2 months ago
The administration here is excellent. The principals are constantly checking in on students and making sure nothing is wrong. The guidance counselors are very helpful. The office staff is very knowledgeable when it comes to knowing what they are doing and helping out visitors. The school is still trying to eliminate bullying in our school, but that is a very hard task. The dress code is reasonable and most people follow it with a few exceptions.
- Niche User
- Mar 12 2014