Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Abington Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Penn State79Students
- Temple University52Students
- University of Pennsylvania46Students
- University of Pittsburgh45Students
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania30Students
- Drexel University27Students
- University of Scranton27Students
- Lehigh University24Students
- Marywood University24Students
- Cornell University23Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
- Very Good91
Overall, I am having a very positive experience here. The majority of the staff truly cares about the wellbeing and success of students. There are a ton of ways to get involved with extracurriculars and clubs. Personally, I have made so many friends and get along with mostly everyone. Sure, there's a couple of rules that seem silly, but they do have a purpose. If I could do it all over, I would still pick Abington. Go Comets!
- High School Junior
- June 30 2015
I can name a few select teachers that are truly so helpful, caring, and do their job very well. However, a lot of the teachers are not respectful to students, lazy when it comes to grading, and do not seem to care about struggling students. I have watched different students go up to different teachers asking for help during convenient times in class, and their response was either to go and look it up yourself or ask a friend. Many teachers are unreasonable in planning assignments, grading, and testing. Many times rubrics and guidelines are unclear and unprofessional. I have seen teachers use phones and text during class, teachers losing assignments and tests, and disrespect students in front of a class. Overall there are a few great, knowledgable, and helpful teachers, however many of them lack knowledge, understanding, care, respect, professionalism, and efficiency. I truly believe that many of the teachers should not be teachers, period. I think that many teachers should use their knowledge in a different career.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
I am so thankful for the people that I have met during my 4 years in this highschool. If it weren't for this school, I would not have such great friendships and memories with my friends and peers. However, this school has a lot of faults despite their high ranking and academic success. Behind it all this school is corrupt, and I'm not the only person that sees it. The administration is awful, and does not care about the students unless you are a class officer or a school athlete. The administration is disrespectful, unreasonable, and unfriendly. I am an honors student, I have not received any form of discipline during my 4 years attending the school, and I was mocked in a high-pitched, "child-like" voice by an assistant principal my junior year. To mock a student is very unprofessional and very disrespectful, and my parents were not happy. It doen't matter who you are, trouble-maker or AP student, the administration treats everyone poorly. The administration punishes teachers if a student is failing. I cannot tell you how many students, including myself, work so hard and study so much, balance participating in school clubs, sports, and have jobs, and yet are still treated like they're not good enough. I can't tell you how many talented students we have, yet only the athletes are recognized and put on a pedestal for the community to praise. Students are not treated equally when they are successful. The school policy is unreasonable, and many students and parents in the community disagree with policies. The administration does not listen to student and parents suggestions. All the administration cares about is their public image, but behind the scenes this school is a disaster. This school is full of stressed out, emotionally unstable students and upset and concerned parents, but it's okay because we have a good football team.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago