Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
A.C. Reynolds High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill70Students
- North Carolina State University59Students
- Western Carolina University55Students
- Appalachian State University52Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington48Students
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte46Students
- University of North Carolina at Asheville36Students
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College34Students
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro25Students
- Mars Hill College19Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
- Very Good57
Our administration is outstanding. They connect well with the students and support them in everything. Our principals show up to every event our school hosts, and even come to events that are hours away. Guidance counselors are amazing and have real relationships with the students. The office staff know almost every students' names and always greet you with a smile. We have a zero tollerance for bullying and, though it still occurs, it is almost always found out about and stopped. The dress code is very strict and well enforced, though most students dislike it. The attendance record is becoming great and is being rewarded each day. Overall, our administration and policies deserve an A+.
- Niche User
- Jan 5 2015
I've attended Reynolds since the beginning of Freshman year to my last year as a senior, anticipating graduation in 2017. Reynolds was a very interesting school. Being a minority I noticed there was not much diversty at that school, but people are nice. The teacher are nice as well, but you can sense they are always busy. Something I have also noticed was that minorites at Reynolds don't get the same opportunity as the mass of white students. They also don't prepare you for college at all or inform you abour how to apply for college and scholarships unless you are an Ap student. I would definitely like to see that change, because it is extremely unfair.
- 2 months ago
As a cheerleader, it is my job to get the crowd involved and to support our athletic teams. We usually have 1-2 pep rallies during football season and, for the most part people get involved. Football and basketball games are the most popular and the most competitive, but when one team does well, most of the school shows up to support them. The school spirit factor is encouraged by faculty, but it is only average because not everyone gets involved the way they probably should. It is difficult to get students to cheer along unless it is an incredibly tight game that could possibly go into overtime. When a team is doing well, most show support on social media and by showing up to stand in the student sections but they don't always cheer on the teams to let them know they are supporting them. However, parents and friends who are not students are almost always responsive and cheering on the teams, and faculty is very supportive. The athletic facilities are excellent, and the fitness programs are amazing. I took weight training for three years and the workout pushed us, but made sure we knew when to stop. Our trainer is incredible, and is actually well known and liked by almost all of the athletes. Athletes also bond well with the coaches, even coaches for sports other than the ones we play. Overall, I love the athletic department and everyone who supports us.
- Niche User
- Jan 5 2015