Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Data not available
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign592Students
- University of Wisconsin312Students
- Northwestern University244Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor225Students
- Indiana University - Bloomington220Students
- DePaul University173Students
- University of Iowa170Students
- Vanderbilt University153Students
- University of Chicago151Students
- University of Texas - Austin151Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.95 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.136 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.136 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.142 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.142 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.142 responses
- Very Good348
Stevenson is a high school that continually pushes its students to be better. Students are expected to take multiple accelerated, honors, and AP courses each year as well as stay involved in sports or other activities. Teachers cared about the students' and their progress and well-being, and made classes interesting. Every student's needs could be satisfied because Stevenson's course offerings, sports, and clubs were endless. Students are well-prepared, sometimes even over-prepared, for college because of how challenging the school is. I am grateful that I was able to go to such an enjoyable and high-ranked high school, and will always miss my high school days because of Stevenson.
- 22 days ago
Stevenson's grand image is all perception. Students fall through the cracks every single day and the heroin problem among alumni that Stevenson refuses to acknowledge is a direct result of the pressure they put on their students as well as their inability to educate the student body on issues plaguing their community. As a former student, I watched the high school turn a blind eye to nearly every indiscretion students faced in an attempt to maintain public perception as one of the best high schools in the country. Now I'm watching the people I grew up with drop dead left and right from drugs that they're acquiring in Stevenson circles and NOT from the universities they are/were attending. I would NEVER send my children to this high school.
- 18 days ago
Best school you could ever imagine! Everything from academics, to clubs to sports is top notch. All the teachers are incredible and the student body is friendly and welcoming.
- 24 days ago