Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyD-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Aiken High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of South Carolina98Students
- University of South Carolina - Aiken86Students
- College of Charleston66Students
- Clemson University61Students
- Aiken Technical College42Students
- Winthrop University36Students
- Francis Marion University29Students
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort25Students
- Lander University22Students
- University of Georgia22Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
- Very Good42
My school is currently in the middle of taking down its older buildings in order to build newer, technology friendly ones, equipped with great laboratories for the science classes and classrooms with smartboards to allow teachers to teach easier. Unfortunately, the construction and deconstruction can make concentrating on my schoolwork a little more difficult. The school will not be completely finished until several years from now. The rebuilding of the school started 3 years ago, when I was a freshman. We now have a new, 2-story math and science building. However, since it will take so long to rebuild the school, I will never have the chance to not have classes in the older buildings. The cafeterias are both disgusting and some of the buildings have old sewer systems in the ceilings! It gets a little smelly in the mornings sometimes. There is a constant problem of rats in these buildings as well. There's graffiti on the walls and few bathroom stalls have working locks. On the other hand, my school has amazing teachers, all very qualified to teach the subjects provided at this school. My teachers expect hard work from their students in higher level classes, and they also find different ways to teach to get their points across so that everyone understands the material being taught. I love the diversity of classes that are offered here, and the school also sponsors a student-helper program. This allows students to assist teachers during a class, when that student would normally be in study hall. Students can also assist guidance counselors or work in the main office. The school also allows you to chooses which classes you can take. There are various fine arts classes, including drawing and painting, chorus, band, orchestra, and cooking classes. There are lots of clubs offered here, including Beta Club, Serteen Club, National Honors Society, Writers' Club, and language-based clubs. I would choose this school again based on the academics and incredible teachers.
- High School Senior
- June 19 2015
In my four years of attending Aiken High school I discovered a lot about myself and other people. Being able to take rigorous classes with adequate teachers who care made my experience worth while. On top of academics my experience as an athlete was amazing too. Ive been playing volleyball for 4 years on varsity here. I have grown as a leader and a person. I know Aiken High is under a lot of construction at the moment but the school is going in the right direction. Aiken High is great now and will only get better!
- 2 months ago
Teachers at Aiken High School try their best to help teenages graduate.The teacher have interest in their students, but if students are bad they send them to the principal. Teachers sometimes communicate with students if students are copperative. I would rate these teachers with a 4 out of 5. The teachers use their knowledge at the best of their ability. They make sure that the students understand what their learning and try to get students to engage into what their teaching. Most of the teachers explain and give details about the material, show a powerpoints to show a specific material, give examples, textbook learning, assignments, quizzes, and tests to help teens succeed. They also offer tutoring on the days that are scheduled to help students.
- Recent Alumnus
- 5 months ago