Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Alpena High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+102 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+70 Students
- B+67 Students
- B58 Students
- B55 Students
- B49 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good88
My experience at Alpena High School was great! Of course, at every school there is that one teacher who you just really don't like who I came across but the majority of my teachers were friendly, helpful, and understanding. Whenever I had a problem or was in need of help I always knew there would be someone to go to. It always felt like a safe and secure learning environment and offered many extra things to get involved in. We had everything from Culture Club to National Honor Society and everything in between. I really cannot think of many things that I would say wow I really wish my school would have offered me.
- 2 months ago
The quality of teacher's at Alpena High School is very good, they are knowledgable in the subject they teach. Many of the teachers are also very interested in their students, academically as well as the students extra curricular. Communication is also very open at AHS, I am comfortable with all of my teachers and would go to them with any questions or concerns. The grading scale is the same through out the whole school, however some teachers grade harder than others. Grading depends on the type of class.
- High School Senior
- 9 months ago
The teachers at this school have many different teaching styles and find the way their students learn best, which shows and interest in their students. They are very knowledgeable and know how to answer your questions, and if not they will find the answer. They all talk to their students on what they are missing or if they have missed too much school. They also communicate well when the students don't understand one of the topics they are teaching. The school has a standard grading scale which makes the grading consistent.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago