Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Alta High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Utah288Students
- Utah State University206Students
- Brigham Young University179Students
- Utah Valley University179Students
- Salt Lake Community College108Students
- Southern Utah University86Students
- Dixie State University62Students
- Westminster College - Utah58Students
- Weber State University48Students
- Snow College39Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
- Very Good140
I loved high school. I took mostly Advanced Placement classes in preparation for college and my teachers were absolutely amazing. They really taught me time management and test taking skills. All of my AP teachers were amiable, and would always offer their help when I had a problem. This last year I had the opportunity to work on the mural that Alta High painted in the school. It was an amazing experience and it really added to my senior year. Overall, Alta High school stimulated and encouraged my academic and artistic abilities and prepared me for attending Brigham Young University. I am still in touch with many of my friends from this school, even though we attend different universities.
- 10 days ago
After transferring from another public high school, I can without a doubt say that the administration is great. Almost all the classes are challenging yet doable. The teachers care about their students. The students overall have school spirit.
- 21 days ago
Alta High School was a large school with a lot of different programs and classes available to fit the interests and pursuits of all of it's students. The academic and arts departments were staffed by competent and helpful teachers, and the sports programs were very skilled at preparing student athletes to play in college. Some of my most inspiring teachers were at Alta, notably my Chemistry, Physics, and AP Language and Literacy teachers. Their teaching sparked my interest in science, eventually leading me to pursue a career in Exercise Sciences, as well as assisted me a great deal in learning how to craft both professional and rhetoric essays. My time was also spent in the Peer Leadership Team, one of the many clubs that Alta provides, teaching elementary students about the dangers of drugs and alcohol abuse and putting on Christmas programs for senior centers. In conclusion, Alta High School has something for every student that is willing to apply themselves to their passions.
- 23 days ago