Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Apex High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A212 Students
- A+168 Students
- B+128 Students
- A-127 Students
- B+107 Students
- B+99 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-45 Students
- B-44 Students
- A+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
- Very Good136
Always open to give students new opportunities. Unfortunately, like most public schools in North Carolina, the resources that Apex is given is not prioritized and it results in the teachers struggling to give their student what they need, but they still make an unmistakable and impactful effort. Their isn't enough funding and the school shouldn't have stayed in the condition it's in as long as it has. Resources are a problem in every school because education is not a priority within our government and community when it should be. On the very bright side, this will all change radically when Apex moves to the new campus soon.
- 25 days ago
The school is very big, but space is usually an issue for classes, as well as the cleanliness of facilities. We get a lot of different people with various backgrounds from all over Apex, so I guess you could say it's a "diversified campus." Sometimes, this isn't necessarily a good thing because some people like to bring weed and smoke it outside during lunch or afterschool (they stopped doing this after the built the elementary school nearby, though). If you get to know the right people, Apex is a really fun environment and everyone is friendly to you. The academics are rigorous, just as much as any other high school. Trying to get from the trailers to the other side of school in a set number of minutes is definitely a challenge at 9 in the morning.
- 8 days ago
My school was overall very welcoming and a community which anyone can be comfortable in. There were clubs of all kinds, and if there was not a club that you wanted then you could easily make one. The teachers were overall supportive and would provide help if ever you need it. The school itself had many afterschool programs where the whole school could come and watch. We had dodge ball games, safe basketball games, just so many ways for everyone to be involved. The only downside was the school structure itself. Apex is a very old school and with this, it means you will often see bugs all over the school. Also, each classroom will be a different temperature, either really cold or really hot. All in all Apex High School was an amazing place for my high school experience.
- 3 months ago