Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Apex High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- North Carolina State University212Students
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill168Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington128Students
- Appalachian State University127Students
- East Carolina University107Students
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte99Students
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro57Students
- University of South Carolina45Students
- Wake Technical Community College44Students
- Duke University42Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
- Very Good134
My school was overall very welcoming and a community which anyone can be comfortable in. There were clubs of all kinds, and if there was not a club that you wanted then you could easily make one. The teachers were overall supportive and would provide help if ever you need it. The school itself had many afterschool programs where the whole school could come and watch. We had dodge ball games, safe basketball games, just so many ways for everyone to be involved. The only downside was the school structure itself. Apex is a very old school and with this, it means you will often see bugs all over the school. Also, each classroom will be a different temperature, either really cold or really hot. All in all Apex High School was an amazing place for my high school experience.
- 2 months ago
My overall experience at Apex High School was great. I really enjoyed my 4 years of being their from freshmen to senior year. Just the environment, classmates, athletics, and teachers, around the school made me look forward to going to school each and everyday. My favorite experience from high school was attending the State Championship basketball game at NC State University in 2014 when Apex High School won the Conference Championship and the NCHSAA 4A Men's Basketball State Championship in the same year. The athletics were amazing at Apex. I played football while I was there and just from being under the guidance of the coaches and athletic staff, it made me cherish the moments of being apart of Apex High Athletics. Apex High offered a lot of different organizations, clubs, and extra curricular activities. Unfortunately, I did not participate in any of them, but I wish I did. From everything that I described about Apex High, I would definitely attend that school again if I could do it all over and I would recommend others also.
- Niche User
- 11 months ago
The teachers at Apex High School are phenomenal. There are some teachers who I did not get along with because of disagreements on their teaching style, but every school has at least one of those types of teachers. The teachers are very passionate about what they do and teach, which make the students feel more confident about their performance in class and the students start to become more interactive. Teachers are willing to stay after school hours to help students in need. They devote a lot of time into help a student succeed because they care a lot about each student and his or her academics.
- Niche User
- 11 months ago