Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
A.R. Johnson Health Science & Engineering Magnet School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Georgia Southern University94Students
- Georgia State University87Students
- University of Georgia87Students
- Georgia Regents University81Students
- Georgia Institute of Technology47Students
- Armstrong Atlantic State University46Students
- Kennesaw State University44Students
- Valdosta State University41Students
- Mercer University37Students
- Emory University33Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
- Very Good66
I love A.R.Johnson! It's an amazing school that is both challenging and enjoyable. The teachers really ensure that the workload is rigorous and will prepare you for college. The school's engineering and health science focus teaches us lots about the work field and allows us to experiment with new areas of study. The students are very kind and supportive and the school, architecturally speaking, is beautiful! I highly recommend that anyone aspiring to pursue a career in some sort science or technolical field attend this school. It's fantastic.
- 1 month ago
A.R. Johnson has its ups and downs. The work is challenging and they have sufficient resources in order to complete the work. The teachers aren't perfect (some are better than others), but they do make a good effort to prepare us for college. The administration is pretty good, though I'm not a fan of the guidance department. However, they do interact with parents and answer their questions. They are also what most students describe as "over-protective," but I understand that it's necessary to ensure our safety. The student body is pretty diverse, slowly becoming more and more diverse every year. The restrooms aren't dirty, but they often don't have any soap. There aren't many sports; in fact, as far as I know, there's only tennis, golf, soccer, and volleyball (which is only for the females). We do have two spirit weeks to hype of the different teams, though. There aren't a lot of clubs, but we're getting maybe one or two more every year.
- 2 months ago
AR Johnson is a great school that gives all of its students an equal opportunity at receiving the education they need to make their next step in life. You are given the tools that you need and you are guided down the right path. Whether you choose to take the engineering track, which provides courses such as graphic design and the pure foundations of engineering, or the healthcare track, with CNA, dental, and other courses as options, you are sure to be prepared for your future endeavors by attending this school. Friendly staff and administration make it their mission to set you up for success.
- 1 month ago