Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
A.R. Johnson Health Science & Engineering Magnet School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Georgia Southern University94Students
- Georgia State University87Students
- University of Georgia87Students
- Georgia Regents University81Students
- Georgia Institute of Technology47Students
- Armstrong Atlantic State University46Students
- Kennesaw State University44Students
- Valdosta State University41Students
- Mercer University37Students
- Emory University33Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
- Very Good63
A.R. Johnson has its ups and downs. The work is challenging and they have sufficient resources in order to complete the work. The teachers aren't perfect (some are better than others), but they do make a good effort to prepare us for college. The administration is pretty good, though I'm not a fan of the guidance department. However, they do interact with parents and answer their questions. They are also what most students describe as "over-protective," but I understand that it's necessary to ensure our safety. The student body is pretty diverse, slowly becoming more and more diverse every year. The restrooms aren't dirty, but they often don't have any soap. There aren't many sports; in fact, as far as I know, there's only tennis, golf, soccer, and volleyball (which is only for the females). We do have two spirit weeks to hype of the different teams, though. There aren't a lot of clubs, but we're getting maybe one or two more every year.
- 2 days ago
This school prepares students for college. It gives the foundation that students will always use throughout life. Most schools do the bare minimum in getting the youth to pass. Whereas, Johnson goes above and beyond to make sure thet we are ahead of the curriculum.
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago
At first, I hated this school. It was boring, the work was harder, and the people weren't fun. But as I became more involved my perspective changed. Being on the soccer team and apart of the book club got me to see people differently. Granted the work is still harder, but I've learned to manage. Most people are still a two-faced but some people you click with are going to be your friends for life. If I had a choice to do it all over again I wouldn't because looking at this now I realize that this school would help me in the long run.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago