Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Arroyo Grande High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo153Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara103Students
- University of California - Los Angeles93Students
- San Diego State University84Students
- University of California - Davis81Students
- University of California - Berkeley80Students
- Cuesta College70Students
- University of California - San Diego63Students
- University of California - Santa Cruz61Students
- Allan Hancock College55Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
- Very Good91
The teachers at this school are friendly and helpful. Though you have to be the one to walk up to them, and that is the first step is getting over that barrier of student vs teacher and get 1 on 1 help with the work. All of my instructors were interested in their subjects and even brought me to become interested in them as well! Some of my teachers even came to the student level so as to make it easier to learn though some of us still struggled with the ones that didn't give out work or even told us to make notes. This made the class difficult, but still manageable.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
Arroyo Grande High School has some of the best sports teams in California! If sports are not your thing, they also have a speech and debate team and other clubs. However what makes this school the best is how everyone uplifts and supports your talents, believes, and interests. You quite often see the baseball team at the volleyball games and the whole school showing up at talent shows to support our fellow peers.
- Niche User
- 8 months ago
Teachers at AGHS are funny and totally supportive. It might take a while to get used to them and to get to know them well, but it's defiantly worth it. The teachers give off the tone that they truly care, especially the AVID teachers and councilors. Teachers have been teaching for 3+ years, and some have even taught the parents of present students! Many are available after school and lunch and are very understanding (including staff).
- High School Sophomore
- May 4 2013