Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+83 Students
- B45 Students
- A36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B33 Students
- A-30 Students
- B+28 Students
- B21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good75
Overall, my experience at Ashlamd High School has been very positive. I have enjoyed participating in the various honors classes as well as clubs and other extracurricular activities. One unique thing that the high school offers is Latin; most public schools do not offer this language. I took Latin and was thrilled by the amazing teacher and the amount of knowledge I gained. Another thing that I love about Ashland High School is that the students and the community are both very engaged in the different athletic events. The stadium is always full at the Friday night football games! Though all these are compelling reasons for me to choose Ashland High School if I could "do it all over," I still believe that the teachers deserve the most credit. I know that some of the truly amazing teachers I have had I will remember for the rest of my life.
- High School Junior
- 5 months ago
Ashland High School is in a well-balanced and supportive community. I am currently a senior, and I am loving life. With the help of the school's guidance counselors, I was able to put in the work to free up my schedule for this year. Now I focus all my time and energy in the areas that I love. I am heavily involved in the Drama Club, and even more involved in the music department. I play two instruments in the school's orchestra, and I am student director of Ashland's Acapella Choir. I am a member of Ashland High School's National Honor Society chapter, which has helped me find volunteer opportunities (that I love, by the way) in the area. Many more clubs and programs are available at Ashland High School as well. It is not heaven on Earth, but no place with the words "high school" in it is. Ashland High School, however, is the best place with the words "high school" in it.
- 4 months ago
Like every high school, you can quote the Breakfast Club with there being the jock, the princess, the nerd, the basket case and the criminal. Everyone claims to be proud to be themselves yet strives to be who they are not. As far as the teachers go, there is the strict, the easy-going, the goof-ball, the sarcastic, the mother, and the demon from hell. Overall, the school offers impressive math, science, and English programs, a booming honors program, and a healthy variety of sports, and clubs. A few stand out things are that this school offers a Holocaust class created specially by our history teacher, and the growing in publicity Lunch Bunch created by two teachers/parents. Lunch Bunch is a group designed to entertain, create lasting friendships, eliminate bullying, and allow an overall accepting positive environment. I do not regret my time here and would choose Ashland High School again.
- High School Senior
- Aug 22 2015