Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Ohio State University83Students
- Ashland University45Students
- Miami University36Students
- Ohio University35Students
- Kent State University33Students
- University of Cincinnati30Students
- Bowling Green State University28Students
- Ohio State University - Mansfield21Students
- University of Toledo19Students
- University of Akron18Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good75
Overall, my experience at Ashlamd High School has been very positive. I have enjoyed participating in the various honors classes as well as clubs and other extracurricular activities. One unique thing that the high school offers is Latin; most public schools do not offer this language. I took Latin and was thrilled by the amazing teacher and the amount of knowledge I gained. Another thing that I love about Ashland High School is that the students and the community are both very engaged in the different athletic events. The stadium is always full at the Friday night football games! Though all these are compelling reasons for me to choose Ashland High School if I could "do it all over," I still believe that the teachers deserve the most credit. I know that some of the truly amazing teachers I have had I will remember for the rest of my life.
- High School Junior
- 4 months ago
Between the reliable "Snack Shack," and the pizza line, and of course the daily choice, there are always plenty of good options to chose from. While the chicken bowl is able to bring the worst out of students trying to be first in line, there are some lunches such as french toast sticks that cause the line for pizza to take 15 minutes because no one wants the choice of the day. All in all, with pizza, the "Snack Shack,"(which always provide a salad option), and an ever changing "choice of the day," the cafeteria does not fit the bill of the stereotypical high school cafeteria!
- High School Senior
- July 21 2013
I've moved around a lot & this is the best school I've ever attended! The teachers & staff actually care about you & how you're doing. The atmosphere of the school is great & teachers go out if there way to bring everyone together, despite the typical "cliques" that may go on in all high schools. Lunch Bunch deffinitely makes this school unique! So much fun happens during lunch & it was great to see what the teachers would do next! I personally had a hard time in high school, & I think attending this school saved me. I love Ashland high school, I would deffinitely choose this school if I had to do it all over again.
- Niche User
- Aug 12 2013