Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Ohio State University83Students
- Ashland University45Students
- Miami University36Students
- Ohio University35Students
- Kent State University33Students
- University of Cincinnati30Students
- Bowling Green State University28Students
- Ohio State University - Mansfield21Students
- University of Toledo19Students
- University of Akron18Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good75
The school has great atmosphere as well as intelligent intuitive staff who really enjoy teaching. #Arrowdomination has really united our school and everyone in it be the absolute best they can be through, whether it be through academics, sports, or creativity in ideas for around the school. Although i will only spend one year at AHS before I graduate, I will look back fondly on the time, the people, and the experiences I encountered.
- 21 days ago
Ashland High School is in a well-balanced and supportive community. I am currently a senior, and I am loving life. With the help of the school's guidance counselors, I was able to put in the work to free up my schedule for this year. Now I focus all my time and energy in the areas that I love. I am heavily involved in the Drama Club, and even more involved in the music department. I play two instruments in the school's orchestra, and I am student director of Ashland's Acapella Choir. I am a member of Ashland High School's National Honor Society chapter, which has helped me find volunteer opportunities (that I love, by the way) in the area. Many more clubs and programs are available at Ashland High School as well. It is not heaven on Earth, but no place with the words "high school" in it is. Ashland High School, however, is the best place with the words "high school" in it.
- 26 days ago
Overall, my experience at Ashlamd High School has been very positive. I have enjoyed participating in the various honors classes as well as clubs and other extracurricular activities. One unique thing that the high school offers is Latin; most public schools do not offer this language. I took Latin and was thrilled by the amazing teacher and the amount of knowledge I gained. Another thing that I love about Ashland High School is that the students and the community are both very engaged in the different athletic events. The stadium is always full at the Friday night football games! Though all these are compelling reasons for me to choose Ashland High School if I could "do it all over," I still believe that the teachers deserve the most credit. I know that some of the truly amazing teachers I have had I will remember for the rest of my life.
- High School Junior
- 2 months ago