Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Barrington High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+305 Students
- A+229 Students
- A+133 Students
- A132 Students
- A130 Students
- A+124 Students
- A+114 Students
- B103 Students
- A98 Students
- A+93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
- Very Good183
I think what makes Barrington unique is the enormous amount of opportunity they provide for students. They encourage students to step out of their comfort zone and to try new clubs/extracurricular activities, or even create their own. They had endless options of clubs varying from art to career related to athletic clubs or clubs that pertained to a specific hobby. Moreover, Barrington had such a supportive environment. The teachers, parents, administration always supported students in whatever endeavors they wanted to try! Barrington was a great high school!
- Niche User
- 12 months ago
For the greater amount, this school is absolutely wonderful. You can partake in classes of Independent Living and learn to finance your life, or take Human Biology and work with cadavers. There truly are unlimited options! As a thespian, to have a proactive theatre program is fantastic! You can be in drama club after school and an acting class during school. The only downfall to this school is the attitude. Most people take the excellent education for granted. They feel that because their families have unlimited cash, they can pay their way through school and life. Overall, Barrington High School has something for everyone. You want to build robots? You want to be an entrepreneur? Barrington has it all.
- High School Junior
- Sep 28 2015
The teachers at my school go above an beyond my expectations as a student. My teachers are well educated in their subject fields and display their passion and admiration for the subject they are teaching as well as their students. The experience I have had with my teachers is generally very positive. They incorporate multiple strategies of teaching to accommodate the multiple learning styles there are. For example, I am a visual learner. My science teacher taught us notes using a power point which helped the visual learners like me. Then we would take what we learned in the notes and take the information back to the lab which would allow to cognitive style learners to the chance to use their hands and connect the course's curriculum with a physical example to increase their overall understanding. Overall through the past three years that I have spent at my high school I am more than satisfied with my teachers. They demonstrate passion and interest in the well being of their students and I have had incredible teachers. I have had teachers that have been consistent in grading and those who have not. I think I have grown a lot as a student experiencing both grading techniques. However, I have also adapted the mindset that learning and gaining knowledge is perhaps more important than the letter grade that you get from the actual learning. I have done very well in school and have a determined mindset that I have established early on and I think that positive attitude has in part been from my teachers, especially those at my high school.
- High School Senior
- 7 months ago