Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Batavia High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+146 Students
- B+88 Students
- A88 Students
- A+74 Students
- C+74 Students
- B56 Students
- A51 Students
- A47 Students
- A+45 Students
- C+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
- Very Good197
I love Batavia High School! It's a friendly, safe environment with people from all different backgrounds that come together to learn. During my senior year, I've noticed how close my senior class has become. We all support one another and don't judge each other. All of our differences compliment each other and help us go outside our comfort zones. One thing I would change is to have a more collaborative learning environment between teachers and students, so that both can work towards the common goal of education excellence at Batavia High School.
- 2 months ago
Parents' would never send their child to a school that is not safe. Luckily, parents in Batavia do not have to fear for their child's life everyday while they attend school. Unfortunately, Batavia health & safety laws have been tested before. In 2009, a child was diagnosed with the swine flu. However, the city of Batavia was calm and precise of cleaning the schools and preparing all classes for a healthy environment. Further cases in Batavia were nonexistent, thanks to board of Batavia. Meanwhile, in 2015, multiple Batavia schools were put into lockdown after an armed man caused a scene in a nearby neighborhood. Thankfully, the principal notified all staff and students immediately. The teachers admirably handled the event in the calmest manner. Safety within the school, therefore was never a concern. I never would have known danger was so close .
- High School Senior
- 7 months ago
What makes Batavia High School so unique is our school spirit and community sports events. Everyone goes to football games, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone. Stands are packed every Friday night, it's difficult to find seats for the varsity game. Our school offers a student section called the "Dog Pound", I myself have not been in the dog pound because I have been on the track cheering on the team. Students come to school on Friday's dressed in bulldog pride and you can bet that everyone would be at the game. Community members who don't even have sons/daughters attending Batavia High School anymore, still show up to the games. Batavia High School has a welcoming, supportive community which is something I am going to miss after I graduate.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago