Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Boone High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-576 Students
- C+351 Students
- A299 Students
- A+293 Students
- A-157 Students
- B114 Students
- A113 Students
- A+103 Students
- A-74 Students
- B+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.89 responses
- Very Good204
I love my school! I'm in the Finance magnet here so I was able to get plugged in really easily. There is a wide variety of opportunities to get involved and a rich spirit of tradition and community. I've loved all my teachers for the most part, and all the faculty really helps students to succeed! I will say that the facilities are sub-par; it's never fun to hear horror stories about the rodents creeping around, or to go into a bathroom with broken facilities (clean though!). Overall though, I would not pick any other high school. GO BRAVES!
- 5 days ago
There are always those kids that slack in the class but the teachers are willing to put them back on track, I like how most of the teachers are very nice the staff is very helpful when something is needed from students. Of course it's not perfect, but nothing is exactly perfect so sometimes a few of staff members and teacher aren't like what expected but overall those who are doing above and beyond beat that!
- High School Junior
- 6 months ago
Boone high school is a school grounded in tradition whether that be the annual Battle for the Barrel football game against our rival school or the general spirit of the tribe that you experience everyday on Campus. At Boone I am afforded the opportunity to explore different courses and meet interesting people, including being a consultant in the Writing center and tutoring in the math and science labs, setting up theatre productions in the Theatre design and production class from creating the sets to designing costumes and make up to managing sound and lights, and being a part of a performing arts department that encourages self-reliance within an ensemble. However, probably most important, Boone high school showed me how engaging in social activities and working with my peers makes for a better overall experience not only in my personal life but in academia as well.
- 3 months ago