Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Boston Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+263 Students
- A227 Students
- A+193 Students
- A+183 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
- Very Good148
A lot of the academics are great! I know when I have certain teachers that I will be doing well. I have the opportunity for electives starting in junior year and the opportunity for AP classes starting in sophomore year. The workload is a lot but as long as you manage your time really well you should be able to finish your homework at night, even with extracurriculars. The scheduling process is now online so that makes it really easy to sign up for classes. We don't really have popular classes, we have popular teachers.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago
The brilliance of Boston Latin School both its extensive alumni resources and the student body itself, which is made up of the most self-sufficient and intellectually resourceful students in the entire nation, sometimes so much so that the role of the teacher is almost made superfluous. There are some negatives to Boston Latin School, such as its athletics program becoming underfunded and neglected. Once possessing one of the first girls ice hockey teams in the nation in the 1990's, which won multiple state championships, as ice hockey grew, the school found itself stagnated from the lack of increased funds. Today's team finds itself struggling to compete against better funded suburban teams. Nevertheless, the team has remained one of only two girls ice hockey teams in the entire Boston Public School system, (a system that contains over 56,000 students), and has recently battled their way to the state tournament in the 2015-2016 season for the first time since 2008.
- 3 months ago
Boston Latin school is a great college preparatory school, getting a student ready for the challenges that will face in college. Boston Latin school has a rigorous curriculum that pushes students to the next level. However, it is not mainly due to the teachers that Boston Latin School is one of the best schools in the U.S, but due to the competitive environment that the students bring. . The school and the parents are just there to guide the student along to excellence. There are so many different ethnicities here in school, providing students the chance to learn about many different cultures. I am proud to be a senior at Boston Latin school.
- 12 days ago