Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Bowie High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - Austin351Students
- Texas State University219Students
- Texas A&M University184Students
- St. Edward's University141Students
- Texas Tech University135Students
- University of Texas - San Antonio98Students
- Baylor University97Students
- Texas Christian University97Students
- University of North Texas88Students
- Austin Community College District83Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
- Very Good193
I really like attending Bowie High School in Austin, Texas because I have had the opportunity to take Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit courses. I have also been able to be part of leadership clubs and have enjoyed helping mentor special education students and tutor students that need help academically. One thing Bowie can change is allowing more students opportunities by giving students more information about getting involved and the importance of college.
- 2 days ago
Bowie High School has great students and teachers and a good variety of clubs to join. But I wish the school would change its FIT periods. To me, the FIT periods as they are now are too short (20 minutes) to give students the proper time they need to finish tests from their classes or to work on their homework.
- 26 days ago
I would choose this school all over again if given the chance because of the many amazing opportunities I am presented with. The academic caliber of my peers is so much more than what I have seen before and everyone is so committed to their studies!
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago