Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Brookwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Georgia512Students
- Georgia State University321Students
- Georgia Institute of Technology226Students
- Kennesaw State University214Students
- Georgia Southern University171Students
- Emory University167Students
- Georgia Gwinnett College144Students
- Vanderbilt University113Students
- Georgia College & State University98Students
- Mercer University95Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.82 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.135 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.150 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.150 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.150 responses
- Very Good354
My daughter has really liked most all of her teachers. They have connected with her and encouraged her. She got involved with Mu Alpha Theta because of her favorite math teacher. She really enjoyed her Spanish Classes I, II, III and has enjoyed BETA. She split her schedule in 11th and 12th between GraysonTech and has enjoyed taking Photography I and II and Culinary Arts. She has excelled at Photoshop and we plan to take the certification exam after she completes her senior year. She as completed her ServSafe certification requirements and exam. She enjoyed playing soccer her sophomore year and received a Scholar Athlete award. She was injured with a concussion and started having issues with exercise induced asthma so we have sat out the Jr/Sr year of soccer must to her dismay. But that is how she discovered photography and culinary arts! She is involved with NCCLS and SkillsUSA! We love Brookwood and Grayson!
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago
They have very high expectations. They really want to keep their image of being one of the top schools in Georgia. This maybe why the Principal is a fun police! Most students felt the school was safe while atteding. There are a few teachers that really care for the students education.The school has issues with discrimination that is swept under the rug. The rules are different for a white student vs a black student. They offer a lot of different clubs and sports activities, but It's hard be successful in sports at Brookwood High School if you are a black student. One would have to be 20 times better than the white student to make the team. Other than football, most of their teams are not selected by talent. The teams are selected by who is friends with who, who is related to who and who can donate the most to the booster clubs.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago
Brookwood has SO many extracurriculars that it's mind-boggling. There's an anime club, a gaming club, a school related and nation honors language club for every foreign language taught, and many sports clubs. There is honestly a club out there for virtually every interest and if there isn't, you can make one! All you need is a teacher sponsor. Recently, a Muslim Student Alliance club was formed and it has positively impacted the student population. I'm so glad that the students at Brookwood actively work towards making everyone feel welcome.
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago