Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Calabasas High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles228Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara227Students
- University of California - Berkeley182Students
- University of Southern California182Students
- University of California - San Diego143Students
- University of California - Davis129Students
- San Diego State University119Students
- University of Texas - Austin106Students
- California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo104Students
- Stanford University103Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Data not available
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
- Very Good96
Santa Monica College is a beautiful campus in a great location. The classrooms are a great size and the amount of students in each classroom is just right. Santa Monica College definitely needs to upgrade their air conditioning. It is way too stuffy in the classrooms which sometimes makes it difficult to concentrate. I have personally not had a good experience with the counselors because each one tells you something extremely different making it difficult to make my education plan and figure out what classes are right for me. In my particular situation I helped myself and my friends have helped me way more than the counselors. But other than that the school is great!
- Niche User
- 6 months ago
Calabasas High is a great school. I'm currently a junior at this school and I would not want to be anywhere else! Most of the kids are very friendly and open to converse with fellow students. However, there is definitely a group of students who may be stuck up or be involved in some unacceptable behaviors: stay away from those groups! Evidently, high school is a place where one should be prepared for college, and the teachers at Calabasas High definitely do that!
- High School Junior
- 8 months ago
Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Calabasas High School. Through the school I have become involved in a variety of community activities, I have started clubs, I have participated in clubs, and I have learned a lot. I am currently a Link Crew and Peer Support representative for my school, so I definitely love having the chance to show it off. One thing I would change, however, is the teachers' motivation and drive to teach and teach well. All of the teachers are amazing people and it has been an honor to get to know them and to learn from them, but many departments at the school do not get the attention they need and therefore have teachers who are not teaching properly and do not seem to care about what they are teaching. Some programs, especially the non-honors classes, are incredibly low level and are boring to students who still want to learn and be challenged, even though they are not in advanced classes.
- 1 month ago