Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Center High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B182 Students
- C+105 Students
- A102 Students
- C+85 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-55 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
- Very Good82
There are so many different types of people at the school coming from different backgrounds and we've gotten foreign exchange students too! No one really cares who is what race or what sexual orientation, everyone is accepting and see each other more person to person rather than focusing on the differences(try to see what they have in common).
- Niche User
- 7 months ago
I have gained a close group of friends from attending this school. We are all in AP classes and honestly, I believe that being involved in AP classes has been a great decision; I am learning so much more while being with my friends. What makes this school unique is that while we may be a small and "poor" school, we have a ton of spirit and we keep it lively. School spirit days and events are fun and exciting days for the kids at CHS. I would choose this school again because my high school experience has been great and has been more than I could ever imagine. The people here are nice and the atmosphere is awesome!
- High School Senior
- Jan 4 2016
So far Center High School has been a great experience. Our teachers since freshman year have been encouraging us to pursue college and have provided life-long tips on how to be successful. The school provides all the right classes I need to push myself academically and to grow as a student, taking honors and AP classes. There are also a ton of science electives to take like Human Body Systems and Principles of Engineering. If your worried about peer pressures and bully type stuff, it doesn't exist here as people are too concerned with getting their schoolwork done, playing sports, or helping with school events.
- 3 months ago