Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-587 Students
- A-468 Students
- A+418 Students
- A+317 Students
- A169 Students
- B-124 Students
- B120 Students
- B-104 Students
- A+103 Students
- B+100 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.91 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.91 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.108 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.108 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.108 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.141 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Data not available
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.164 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.164 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.164 responses
- Very Good403
I do like Central high, but at he same time, the size of each class is extreme! You have to truly stand out or else you are one of the unknown face walking through the halls. I am not someone who stands out, especially with my teachers. I try, but I tend to all my fears to overtake my body and mind. I tend to feel intimidated by the other intelligent students around me. Something I do admire about the school is their variety in cultures and clubs. There's always something that happens in Central, whether it's international day or spots events, school days are always active.
- High School Junior
- 4 months ago
Central High School is currently above my expectations. It includes an extremely diverse community of over 2000, people who truly care for a future, and motivation through challenges, such as the work given. It is a great school, in which everyone is involved. The number of clubs grows each year, and most are student-run, with the students giving it their all although the budget is cut. My favorite experiences include working with the robotics team hours after school. It is a fun, yet academically difficult, school, and I am lucky to have met some great people there! This school pushes you to definitely work hard. It is a challenge helps many grow. This school WILL (and does) prepare many students for college!
- High School Sophomore
- Sep 2 2015
Central High School is officially the most diverse school in the country, and one of the best high schools in the city, if not the state. Students here truly care about their future and education goals. From alumni, I am told that Central does an outstanding job preparing students for college, as it is a breeze for many of them. The number of clubs offered is substantial and most are student-run, with the students giving it their all although the budget is cut. For example, I am co-editor of Mosaic, Central's Multicultural Magazine and the cabinet members have to work hard to raise money and promote the magazine. Also, students are bound to make connections and long-lasting friendships within this school.
- 19 days ago