Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Champlain Valley Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+151 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+37 Students
- NG36 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+29 Students
- A28 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
- Very Good79
CVU is an amazing facility and community. The teachers are excellent and take a front seat in student's learning. There are clubs and sports for all interests. The CVU community is incredibly kind and accepting of people of all types; I am proud to be a student!
- 21 days ago
I have 3 very different children and all of them are incredibly positive about their school. They are supported and respected for who they are and are treated like adults. There is an expectation that the kids learn to advocate for themselves and it is a skill the school really imparts on the students. It is much like a mini college campus and the students have a lot of pride in their school. This school also embraces kids with special needs, they are accepted and included by the mainstream kids in a loving way. The administration, specifically the principal, truly adores this special age group and obviously loves his job. The kids know it and it shows
- 10 months ago
This is a really amazing school. It is a place where the teachers and staff make high school less scary and easier for the students. You can tell that the majority of the students actually care about their students, want them to do well, and help them in every way they can. I have been at a different school where the teacher's didn't care about their students at all, and would let many of them fail. This is not CVU. CVU has a very good freshman program called "core houses" and it makes the transition into high school much easier for freshman. CVU school spirit is very good and athletic events are very popular. However, the arts and drama departments are not well recognized and their events not well attended by the student body. The cafeteria has very healthy options, although it is pretty expensive. CVU is overall an amazing school with awesome teachers. On the contrary, CVU does have problems with town stereotypes and cliques. There are a lot of expensive brand obsessions (Frye boots, Lulu Lemon leggings, Hunter boots, etc) and if you do not wear these you are looked down upon. This is common in all high schools, but definitely preset here as well. By far the best high school in Vermont.
- High School Senior
- Dec 13 2015