Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Choctaw High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A139 Students
- B133 Students
- B-109 Students
- A104 Students
- B41 Students
- B-34 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B21 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
- Very Good78
My overall experience at my high school is great! I have joined many clubs and have been apart of our school pom team, and I have made several friends along the way. I have learned a lot about responsibility and independence, and have improved my study habits and note-taking skills. I wish our school had more college and real-world preparation, because I am still a little unsure about certain things for my future. Luckily, I strive for success and am a hard working student, so I am still confident in my future with my college experience. This school is unique because of our school events that are provided by clubs and organizations, and I am very proud that I attend this school.
- Niche User
- Aug 29 2015
A lot of parents attended the major games for football and basketball, but neglected to attend many other schooling events. Football and basketball are highly rewarded at my old high school but fail to meet any high athletic achievement. The groups that have high winning rates tend to get less parental turnout and as a result, these students feel less obligated to achieve high goals and expectations.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago
My experience at Choctaw High School has been a very excellent one. There is a lot of interaction within the classroom, and it isn't very inclusive. I, however, would like better facililities for research, and to see more college readiness programs. It is a very close-knit community, and strong support is provided for students who choose to go the extra mile.
- 3 months ago