Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Cibola High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A331 Students
- A-324 Students
- B-276 Students
- B+249 Students
- B+82 Students
- A-71 Students
- A64 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
- Very Good162
Cibola is definitely a higher quality school in Yuma county, both academically and visually. It is always looking beautiful with well-maintained plants and brick buildings. The teachers are highly educated ones and are well committed to our learning. Something that could always be improven is the maintenance. The buildings start looking old after a bit, and if the stained pavement can be cleaned up, it'd look much nicer. The extracurricular part of this school is really neat too. I'm part of A.V.I.D. which is a college-readiness program run in many schools nationally. The club has meetings every two weeks, with 2 nice teachers who are willing to give up their time to help our cause. Much respect to the devoted teachers at our school!
- 20 days ago
The school is infested with cockroaches and rats, and they always have the air conditioner on(even in the winter). The councilors of the school do not help you at all. You can put your name on their "waiting list" and you will never get contacted. You can go to see them and they are never in their office. The "grade level" secretary's are rude to anyone who shows their face, and the bathrooms are locked all through the day. The only bathroom that gets unlocked is the gym bathroom on the opposite side of the school from all of the classes, except the ones that take place in the gym, and that is only ever unlocked during lunch. The line is so long that you could stand in it halfway through lunch and be standing there till after the late bell has rung. The bell system never works right, and you can never hear the announcements.
- 20 days ago
Cibola has been the only high school I went to and thus, my ratings can only go so far on comparing it to other high schools. Though, I do know a certain good amount of what the school can improve on and best at. Cibola High School exceeds on providing the students a good education as they provide their assistance in homework and giving examples to understand the lessons taught in each class taken. However, the school can improve on is the diversity of clubs and classes to the students. It is very limited to the students as they are forced to take certain classes or clubs they do not have any interest to be in for either credit or resume.
- 12 days ago