Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Colquitt County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Valdosta State University172Students
- University of Georgia121Students
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College106Students
- Georgia Southern University83Students
- Georgia Southwestern State University55Students
- Kennesaw State University46Students
- Georgia State University45Students
- Mercer University34Students
- Albany State University33Students
- Darton State College31Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
- Very Good58
I enjoyed my time at Colquitt County High School. The teachers their care about their students and about their subjects. I like mostly the passion that, while some did not, many of my teachers shared. The greatest example being my High School Choir Director, who pushed us to be the best (literally), not because winning is everything, but you give your utmost energy to that which you value. His saying was Carpe Diem (Seize the Day). Because of his leadership, their was a pride and camaraderie experienced throughout A Capella and Serenaders' (the two top performing groups). This passion was experienced, however, in many classrooms, from Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy, to Spanish and Fine Arts. Also, was the camaraderie and pride that came from being a PACKER! (Football is a big deal!) The only thing that can be done much better is preparation for college. The no-fail policy with no consequence prepares no one for college, careers, or society.
- 2 months ago
Being a part of this school is a great experience if you join a club or an organization and actually become involved (the more involved the better, but only sign up for what you can handle). One thing i will always remember from this school is my band family and the unforgettable memories created during our "Friday night lights" shared with our supportive community (which not every school is fortunate enough to have). I would choose this school all over again because of the unity its community has and the support it gives school sports/organizations (especially football).
- Niche User
- Sep 2 2015
There are many clubs and organizations at CCHS to chose from. Theres a club for anyone from math club to a riffle team to religious(FCA) to business (FBLA) and the list goes on and on. They are set at a reasonable price so you can be involved in several clubs. As an officer of Family and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) for two years I can say that being a part of a club helps build great leadership, social and public speaking skills. Most clubs at our school get involved in the community through fun projects.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago