Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Connecticut International Baccalaureate Academy Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Connecticut58Students
- Central Connecticut State University39Students
- University of Hartford24Students
- Yale University15Students
- Eastern Connecticut State University14Students
- Boston University13Students
- University of Pennsylvania13Students
- Quinnipiac University12Students
- New York University11Students
- Northeastern University11Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Data not available
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
- Very Good31
It is high school. No one likes high school. It however was tolerable. The downside was the really long day. School started at 7:30 and ended at 3. The academics are tough but worth it in the end. I had great teachers and actually liked it my last year.
- 8 hours ago
The students and teachers really made the experience over all satisfying, however, the principle is a bit closed minded in terms of the students actual needs, sh would rather spend time improving physical characteristics of the school rather than assuring that her students are over all mentally healthy and comfortable with changes abruptly made.
- 21 days ago
My school ( Connecticut IB Academy) is an amazing school. This could be due to its small class sizes and great teachers, but also because of the students. My school is very diverse and is comprised of wonderful staff and students who are willing to help you in anyway possible in order for you to succeed. Overall, my school has a great support system. Connecticut I.B. Academy has a lot to offer students. There are a variety of different clubs and organizations that you can enjoy with your peers. Having this benefit in such a small school is great. With that being said, attending a small school for me has been wonderful, and I would choose to go to my small school each and every time if I could do it all over again. The communication with the teachers is wonderful and there is just a better learning basis for us as students. My favorite event which takes place at my school is the annual Michael Abelon Walk which is celebrated in order to commemorate the founder of our school due to him passing of pancreatic cancer.
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago