Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Coon Rapids Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+190 Students
- C-73 Students
- B71 Students
- B59 Students
- B-54 Students
- B51 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-39 Students
- B37 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
- Very Good85
Throughout my four years attending Coon Rapids High School, I had a great experience. I had the opportunity to experience different classes focused on a specific major/field outside of Coon Rapids High School. Which allowed me to get a better feel about what field I want to major in, and I also had the opportunity to meet new people from different schools. The staff was great, they provided strong commitment to helping students succeed and they would talk with students not only about academics but personal life. The school emphasized about how important people's culture is, they gave students opportunities to share their culture and way of life. Despise the differences and the diversity of the school, the staff emphasized how important the unity of the school should and needs to be. Coon Rapids provides free college visits to students which is crucial to the college readiness and planning.
- 3 months ago
There is an abundant amount of clubs for students to choose from. They range from musical and artistic clubs to student council, Yearbook, Medical Clubs, Theater, Teaching, guitar club and so many others. In most clubs the commitment is very high, the students love the clubs and want to stay in them. HOSA is very popular at out school and it is great for students interested in the medical field or just want to have fun and be around great people. Student council has a lot of administration support. DECA is also very popular at our school for students interested in Business.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
I have spent all four of my high school years at Coon Rapids High school. I have absolutely loved my time there. I feel that I have been very involved in my high school by being apart of the Cross Country team as well as Basketball and Lacrosse team. I also am in clubs such as HOSA and I am the senior editor on the yearbook at my school. I love my school because of the students. There is a quote that we have at our school that has been around since my freshman year and that is "when you are a cardinal you never stand alone" and that is very true we show up and stay late and cheer on our sports teams as one team. The teachers really care for our education. Every teacher that I have had loves to challenge us and never gives up on us. We are a big school and we have lots of diversity which is a great thing and it really shows throughout our building.
- 3 months ago