Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Crown Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A185 Students
- A+166 Students
- B-116 Students
- C97 Students
- B+93 Students
- B+71 Students
- B-59 Students
- A49 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
- Very Good159
I love it at Crown Point High School! I've attended 3 different high schools and have moved around the country since 6th grade. Crown Point is an amazing school, with amazing teachers and so many different opportunities for college, success, classes, etc. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.
- 3 months ago
I think that Crown Point High School was a great school overall. I think it had a clear focus on college preparation and readiness that showed in the rigor of its courses. Many of the teachers are experienced and excited to help students learn even in challenging courses. I have been given plenty of opportunities to excel academically. One aspect that I think could be improved is a greater emphasis on being a well-rounded person. Academics are often encouraged so strongly and taken so seriously that many students feel bogged down by homework and limited to do other things. This is especially true of students who participate in high school sports, which also need a drastic time cut in my opinion. The sports teams require a massive time commitment that, along with homework, drain all the time and energy out of a high school student.
- 2 months ago
Crown Point High School is specifically very involved in athletics. The favorite sport has been, and probably always will be, football. Each week the entire community gathers to watch the games, regardless of the outcomes.Athletic evens bring our community together, as kids start attending events with friends in middle school and parents attend to support the athletes. Also, families go to the events together to all enjoy the entertainment. Overall, these athletic events have made a huge impact on not only my high school experience, but my families experience. The atmosphere is amazing and enjoyed by all. I definitely would have to attend a school that relates to my high school.
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago