Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Cypress Bay High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Florida737Students
- University of Central Florida674Students
- Florida State University596Students
- Florida International University527Students
- University of Miami405Students
- Florida Atlantic University314Students
- University of South Florida232Students
- Nova Southeastern University226Students
- New York University199Students
- Broward College172Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.114 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.124 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.124 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.125 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.192 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.192 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.192 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.213 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.213 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.213 responses
- Very Good501
Cypress Bay High School is an amazing school with loads of opportunities for expressing individual character and passion. There is a club made for everything and anything, and there are many interesting class selections available to everyone. The teachers are very well qualified, and the curriculum is well thought out and prepared. The amount of students can be overwhelming; there are around 4800 students attending Cypress this year. Areas such as hallways, stairways, and especially the cafeteria are heavy with traffic. Cypress is an all around great school with many opportunities to succeed and shine bright!
- 3 months ago
Cypress Bay is great! The academics and extracurriculars are top-notch. Everyone is happy to be here--both students and adults-- so that creates a nice atmosphere full of school pride. It's also just plain fun. In the courtyard there is always club-sponsored events going on: photo booths, speakers blasting music, international fest, etc. We have exceptional athletic teams, math and science teams, debate team, and newspaper/yearbook. The only flaw is that is is very large school. Classes arent too large, but walking to class you definitely feel it.
- High School Junior
- 8 months ago
The school is (relatively) very open and accommodating. Injured or disabled students are allowed to use the elevators. Teachers generally enjoy their students and salaries, although large class sizes add to their stress. Advanced Placement teachers are very good at teaching and open-minded, but Advanced/Honors and Regular-level teachers do not receive the same benefits or equipment AP teachers enjoy. Department heads may be controlling or petty, causing stresses on subordinate teachers they may not like personally. The school is relatively clean, although the crowding and large number of students makes it difficult to maintain. LGBTQ+ acceptance is generally very good, although some cases of bullying have been reported and teachers/faculty may not be well-versed in helping such students. Transgender student accommodations are lacking (only one bathroom on campus is allowed for transgender students to use). Teachers do not receive training to care for students with mental health issues, and sexual harassment punishments are severely lacking.
- High School Senior
- 9 months ago