Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Cypress Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+341 Students
- A+252 Students
- A-248 Students
- B169 Students
- B+168 Students
- B-157 Students
- A+146 Students
- A144 Students
- A-127 Students
- A-105 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.80 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
- Very Good213
I've been at Cy Creek for 2 years and I absolutely love it. They literally have something for everyone. I love that they make the sporting events such a big deal and the school spirit during the morning pep rallies is through the roof! Also they have some of the best teachers you'd ever meet. My US History teacher Ms. Cassidy is the BEST history teacher I've ever had. History was never one of my favorite subjects but after meeting Ms. Cassidy that changed. Going to her class is exciting because she ties history to things going on in the world today. Even on test day I'm excited to go to her class. Her upbeat personality and her eagerness to teach has definitely changed my outlook on history. I love that she keeps it real. There are other teachers that I could go on about but I would like to take a moment and thank Cy Creek. At first the big school was a bit overwhelming but if I had to do high school over again I'd definitely do it here.
- 2 months ago
The teachers at my school are ''ok''. I am new to the system and on my first day of school some of my teachers didn't even ask my name, only one was interested in knowing my name. To this day some teachers still don't know my name and my second semester with them just started! The teaching style at the school is listen, then work on your own and if you have a question some teachers have the answers and some don't. In finals week my teacher handed out a study guide, with the need to know for the final. But when the test was handed to him, the test had more information then the studied in the whole semester. He stated to the class that he simply didn't have time to review the test before hand and compare it to the review. Us, the students, were greatly disappointed with this teacher and especially the way he stated the said before. It made me ask myself if his purpose in life is to be a great teacher, who students remember later on in life or one of those teachers that slack off and take their jobs and the system for granted.
- High School Junior
- Jan 10 2016
Cypress Creek High School was an overall good experience socially, though it clearly had issues with academic quality. I transferred to Cy Creek my sophomore year, and realized that I had been taught at a significantly higher level in all my previous schooling than the level to which I was expected to operate on at Cy Creek. Don't get me wrong - many teachers were fantastic and did the best they could to push students with the curriculum they were given, and Dual Credit and AP courses were for the most part on-par with expectations for such classes. But as a whole, I felt as though the district implemented curricula that fell extremely short of the preparation needed for college.
- 9 days ago