Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Cypress High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- California State University - Long Beach203Students
- University of California - Los Angeles169Students
- University of California - Irvine157Students
- University of California - San Diego134Students
- California State University - Fullerton126Students
- University of Southern California124Students
- Cypress College111Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara96Students
- University of California - Berkeley82Students
- San Diego State University73Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good158
I really enjoy going to Cypress High School! I've been to pep-rallies along with sports games and parents are very supportive in both their children's education as well as their physical and mental appearance. Students in Cypress High School are very energetic and involved with lots of the events at school. In my opinion this school is unique because of the staff. Teachers are very helpful with their students education. On January 1, 2015, I had the honor of attending the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Parade with my band. We worked extremely hard to perform to the best of our limit. Overall my experience of attending Cypress High School is a blessing and I'm extremely thankful to my parents for bringing me to such a wonderful school.
- Niche User
- 9 months ago
Being a sophomore at Cypress High School has already taught me much. My first year there I didn't know anyone but I quickly made friends with the friendly students of Cypress High. The teachers at Cypress are super friendly, they create a learning environment an enjoyable place to be. In the beginning of sophomore year AP teachers expose you experience a college environment which helps prepare us to be ready in the future.Being an athlete at Cypress High has taught me many things, some of them being sportsmanship, leadership skills, as well as teamwork. My overall review of Cypress High School is that it's an enjoyable and pleasant place to learn in.
- 1 month ago
In all honesty I truly believe that Cypress High School has the best quality of teachers and staff. They all work hard together for the benefit of the students learning and future. Every teacher at Cypress High school has their own style of teaching for example visual learning, social learning, verbal learning, or hands on learning all these styles of learning and teaching helping us as students to have the best learning experience possible. The teachers at Cypress are full of knowledge and demonstrate/share their knowledge with the class everyday each having their own different knowledge gives the students a variety of subjects to learn. A statement that is true is that the teachers at Cypress High take full interest and time for their students 100% each teacher devotes their time and interest into each student there even is a 15 minute class called "Check and Connect" that is used to talk to the teacher about questions and struggles the students might have it is very helpful. Communication skills is key In an education environment and the teachers try their best to communicate with the students personally or through e-mail. The consistency of grading could be better it is understandable that teachers may fall behind in their grading because they have multiple classes but it is also their job to get grading done as best they can with the help of the teacher assistants. Overall Cypress High Schools quality of teachers and staff is the best.
- High School Senior
- 7 months ago