Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
David Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Portland State University244Students
- Oregon State University189Students
- University of Oregon147Students
- Mt. Hood Community College117Students
- Portland Community College106Students
- George Fox University60Students
- Western Oregon University58Students
- University of Portland57Students
- University of Washington46Students
- Warner Pacific College41Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
- Very Good173
My overall experience at David Douglas high school was amazing. It's such a big school so people think you'll feel alone. That's not the case at all, there's so many people that you'll find at least one person that you can connect to. Everyone in the school is involve in something, from sports, to clubs, to arts, you'll be able to find a space where you can fit in.
- 6 days ago
Being a student at David Douglas High School has truly changed my life. I have never felt more connected and involved in my community. The diversity and staff are my favorite parts of the david douglas district. I am constantly surrounded by people who share similar goals, and people who encourage me to achieve.
- 11 days ago
While the school has a great diversity and amazing teachers that are so read to be there for us, both teachers and lunch ladies believe that the food that they are feeding us is horrible. Our school is unfair about rules, unless you represent the school on a sports team or an academic team of some sort, you must follow every single rule no matter that problem. As well as males and females are treated quite differently with the schools dress code, guys can show as much skin as they please, but the second that a female does, we are forced to go home, change, and than come back. If we do not come back, we are put in detention, which at our school, pulls you out about 10 minutes before our second or third class is over. Students at our school are constantly losing valuable education, due to a wronging enforcement.
- 18 days ago