Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
David W. Butler High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte177Students
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill121Students
- North Carolina State University114Students
- Appalachian State University105Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington89Students
- East Carolina University79Students
- Central Piedmont Community College58Students
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro53Students
- University of South Carolina41Students
- Duke University38Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
- Very Good82
Any funding from PTSA goes directly into sports programs. The band / orchestra gets no money, even when donated directly by parents of band or orchestra students. It is all one fund and is geared toward athletics.
- 2 months ago
My favorite experiences were going to the football games because this high school is big on football. I wouldn't choose this school again because of the students that go there are so ill-mannered and disruptive. Also the coaches to sports are all about favoritism and they can really knock your confidence down. Also the school is pretty disgusting. There were rats and roaches in some classrooms and near the end of the school year, the superintendent saw videos on twitter and called the school. So near the end of the school year, our school was getting repaired.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
Honestly, I don't really like Butler. It's not because of the teachers but more of the students. Many lack friendliness most are very narrow minded. At the same time, there are moments when I am very proud to be a student at Butler. These moments are mostly during sporting events. If I could do it again, I would like to go to school abroad or on the coast. I feel there would be more open minded, fun and accepting people. The location is out of my control though and I'm eternally grateful for my parents who provided me this life.
- High School Junior
- 4 months ago