Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Douglas County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Colorado State University175Students
- University of Colorado - Boulder169Students
- University of Denver101Students
- University of Colorado - Denver91Students
- Metropolitan State University of Denver81Students
- University of Northern Colorado78Students
- University of Colorado - Colorado Springs57Students
- Arapahoe Community College46Students
- Colorado School of Mines43Students
- Colorado Mesa University30Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
- Very Good163
The thing that makes Douglas County unique is the MANY opportunities it provides. DCHS has everything from AP to IB to FFA to DECA to various sports teams to IB Dance...it's amazing! Almost every student is involved in some form of extracurricular opportunity whether they join a team, club, or organization. The students are always busy doing something. The DCHS faculty support is amazing as well. Whenever you have an idea of a club, there are always teachers wanting to help out and lend a helping hand. Lastly the school spirit and student support is one of the best. There are always students supporting one another and various competitions or performances, we always support and cheer on one another!
- High School Senior
- 10 months ago
I loved Douglas County High School. Because it was the first high school in our district, it has strong traditions and a rich history which gives it a certain quality that I really enjoyed. We were lucky enough to pass a bond in our district that allowed us to build a new gym and athletics area, as well as new baseball and softball fields and install new turf on our football field. Being an athlete, these are the kind of improvements we like to see! I enjoyed the strong academics with our school offering both AP and IB courses. Because we are one of only two schools in our district who offer the IB Diploma program, we had a wide diversity of students from all over which was cool to see. Between the athletics, academics, and all around traditions, I would hands down go to Douglas County High School again.
- Niche User
- June 15 2013
I was in the International Baccalaureate program, so my experience was different from that of the average student. This program was rigorous and academically demanding and was great for college preparation. The program is very community oriented, and my friends from this program are the best friends I have ever had. There are countless opportunities for extra-curricular involvement; there is an abundance and incomparable variety of clubs and organizations, and there are many opportunities for athletic involvement. This school was a great place because it offered a balance of challenging academics and involvement in the school's community.
- 2 months ago