Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Douglas County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-175 Students
- A-169 Students
- A-101 Students
- B+91 Students
- B-81 Students
- B78 Students
- B-57 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+43 Students
- C+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
- Very Good164
The thing that makes Douglas County unique is the MANY opportunities it provides. DCHS has everything from AP to IB to FFA to DECA to various sports teams to IB Dance...it's amazing! Almost every student is involved in some form of extracurricular opportunity whether they join a team, club, or organization. The students are always busy doing something. The DCHS faculty support is amazing as well. Whenever you have an idea of a club, there are always teachers wanting to help out and lend a helping hand. Lastly the school spirit and student support is one of the best. There are always students supporting one another and various competitions or performances, we always support and cheer on one another!
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago
I was in the International Baccalaureate program, so my experience was different from that of the average student. This program was rigorous and academically demanding and was great for college preparation. The program is very community oriented, and my friends from this program are the best friends I have ever had. There are countless opportunities for extra-curricular involvement; there is an abundance and incomparable variety of clubs and organizations, and there are many opportunities for athletic involvement. This school was a great place because it offered a balance of challenging academics and involvement in the school's community.
- 3 months ago
Throughout my experience at Douglas County, I believe I received the best education I could get at a high school level, but I think that I was my primary motivator. The curriculum and the preparation for college was incredible and I could not ask for a better way to receive my high school education, but I do not believe that many of the teachers emphasized the importance of education to their students. In fact, if a student was struggling keeping up with their grades up or they simply did not care, many times the teachers would not attempt to help and show them that their education is important and they have the capability to have good grades if they put in the effort. I also think that while although there is a lot of school spirit for the sports, our sports teams are not the best and I think that more praise should be given to the clubs and activities. However, I never once felt that my life was at danger, and I truly believe that everyone followed the motto, "Everyone a Huskie".
- 21 days ago