Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Sports & FitnessA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Dr. Phillips High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Central Florida746Students
- University of Florida494Students
- Florida State University416Students
- Valencia College412Students
- University of South Florida331Students
- University of Miami254Students
- Florida Atlantic University174Students
- Florida International University149Students
- Rollins College139Students
- Florida A&M University125Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.87 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.136 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.136 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.136 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
- Very Good259
It's a very great school and also straight with they rules. I recommend other people to this school.
- 2 days ago
I am a Freshman at Dr.Philips High School. As a freshman i walked into high school not knowing what it would be like, picturing High School Musical in my head. But in all reality High School is nothing like the movies. So far my experience with high school has been amazing. Football games are super fun and the school spirit is so strong, everyone is like a big family, my classes are amazing too. In my AP classes the teachers are so good and the lectures are so fun, I love learning. The amount of new things I can learn in such little time is spectacular. High School is very different from middle school, and everyone is so much more mature it's like taking dip in the pool of future. High School so far is a blast and better than I anticipated it to be. There is so much opportunity for me to figure out what I want to be, and what field I want to go into, High School really is amazing.
- 5 days ago
I recently graduated from this high school and overall, it was an ok expirence. Most professors were motivated to teach and do it well. Most students there are what you would call "fake". Some students are genuine and good people so choose your friends wisely. The administration is a joke, it's sad really. Many of the rules are not helpful and just add restrictions to minimize the happiness of the high school student. The food also sucks, it's basically crap and the school board does not care for the health and saftey of students, they only really care how much money they make and save. The principal is also a joke, she adds unnecessary rules as well and it just brings down the morale and motivation of the student. It's not 100% DPHS fault, it really is the Orange County Public Schools fault. I hope for the best in the future that the education system is changed for the better but on the route that's been take, it's not going to.
- Niche User
- 6 days ago