Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
East Chapel Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill249Students
- North Carolina State University129Students
- Duke University100Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington73Students
- Appalachian State University60Students
- Vanderbilt University58Students
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte56Students
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro46Students
- University of Pennsylvania45Students
- Columbia University44Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
- Very Good77
With such a strong emphasis on education, East Chapel Hill High School stands out as an oddity in the midst of other North Carolina public schools; uncommonly high weighted GPA's and test scores permeate the student body and many of these students go to top schools across the nation. While one may assume that with such a strong academic focus East may lag behind in other areas, the opposite is true in this case. Overall, while East has a passive administration and obvious socioeconomic divides, it is a wonderful school focused on academics and preparing its students for college and success.
- 2 days ago
My experience at East Chapel Hill High School was it is a very competitive environment. At East everyone is very competitive and all the students motivates others students to work hard. The staff are all caring and giving whenever you are needing for help. The school in general is a very safe environment, I feel safe everyday going to my school. The school is diverse comparing to other schools.
- 8 days ago
The school is very nice but there are a lot of things that could be fixed, some of the water fountains do not work. The bathrooms are frequented by cannabis smoking students hiding from teachers. The school academics are top notch but the students have too much money and too little time and spend both of these resources on drugs.
- 13 days ago