Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
East Mecklenburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte163Students
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill112Students
- North Carolina State University99Students
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro82Students
- Appalachian State University76Students
- East Carolina University67Students
- Central Piedmont Community College63Students
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington61Students
- Winston-Salem State University56Students
- Duke University51Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
- Very Good112
East Mecklenburg High is one of the best cms schools. East Meck has a little bit of everything. Our Academics is great and the college readiness is very high. You can take Standard, Honors, AP, and even IB classes. Our teachers will do anything to get every student ready for the next level, if its going off to college or just going into the next grade. Our sports teams are coming along; we call ourselves the New East because in a couple of more years our teams will be state champs. East Meck is very much a big family. We were recognized by the State Board of Education for North Carolina in Raleigh, as the first and ONLY Prepared Global Ready High School in the state. Overall East Mecklenburg High is a great school and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
- 16 days ago
East Meck is great! The teachers challenge you to think outside the box and push you outside of your comfort zone. They make sure you understand the concepts as well as engage in the learning. Overall, it is a great place to be at.
- 1 month ago
East Mecklenburg High School was far from perfect, but did have its strengths. It was quite diverse, one of the most diverse high schools out of all the schools in the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools system and also offered a very rigorous IB program as well as AP classes. However, the selection of AP classes was limited compared to other schools, and I felt that quite a few of the classes were centered around preparing for the AP test at the end of the year, rather than actually teaching us.
- 12 days ago