Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyD
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
E.C. Glass High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Virginia132Students
- Virginia Tech118Students
- James Madison University100Students
- Liberty University93Students
- Virginia Commonwealth University73Students
- Lynchburg College70Students
- George Mason University55Students
- Old Dominion University49Students
- University of Georgia45Students
- Radford University38Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good106
E.C. Glass is a great school with plenty of opportunity! There are many clubs and sports to be part of and find something you like. The lack of communication within the higher ranks is frustrating and should be heavily analyzed. The schools culture can be a little cliche-y as most high school but it has caused problems in the past but, if you have the right intention and you are ready to learn and take matters in you own hands, the school is a great asset.
- 1 month ago
E. C. Glass is an okay high school, and while some of the teachers helped me get where I am today, the environment is not the best nor are the faculty the most competent. The most memorable moments I have from attending there are the lessons my teachers taught me and how many of them kept the subject interesting and relevant. Unfortunately, not all students shared my enthusiasm and often caused disruptions, and depending on the teacher these students would be lightly reprimanded or ignored altogether, which often lead to a recurrence of the behavior instead of ending it. Many of the rules were unequally enforced, with a large stress placed upon cell phone and dress code violations, but light slaps on the wrist for more serious and disrespectful violations. Glass had potential to be a really good school, but minor issues like the ones stated undermined what it succeeded at and from I have heard it has only gotten worse.
- Niche User
- June 11 2015
Almost all of the teachers that I've had at EC Glass have been absolutely phenomenal. Granted, there have been a few that I wish I hadn't had-- and most of them are no longer employed by the school for obvious reasons. So many of my teachers are easy to get along with, have engaging lessons, and make themselves available most days after school or even during the school day. Most of them go above and beyond their job requirement and really prepare us for what's coming next in class as well as high school-- if not the "real world." I've had a great experience with nearly all of my teachers while attending this school and wouldn't trade them for anything.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago