Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Eugene Ashley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+126 Students
- A+95 Students
- A92 Students
- B+82 Students
- B+81 Students
- B-52 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
- Very Good90
The extracurricular opportunities at Eugene Ashley High School are vast. We have multiple sports teams and clubs, multiple language clubs, many arts clubs, many community service clubs and organizations from around Wilmington that work with students from our school. Odds are, if you are interested in something, there will be a club for it and if there is not, you can start one! I always hear great things about the clubs and teams from people a part of them and also from outside sources such as the internet or our local news station. A majority of the clubs get an okay amount of support from administration but I think sometimes they are more focused on academics than extracurricular activities.
- High School Senior
- 12 months ago
Academic wise with teachers I feel like I could've been helped more. I did indeed have a very hard English class, but that teacher was willing to work with me and believed that I was smarter than I thought. Something unique about this school is the Oceanography and Marine Science program. I was able to participate and be apart of the Ocean Science Quiz Bowl team. Also in this program I was able to take a trip to the Florida Keys! That has probably been my favorite experience besides playing Varsity Softball.
- High School Senior
- 9 months ago
Ashley High School is very "in the middle". Nothing about them really stands out except for their arts programs that are only recognized by the people involved in them. The school's academics seem sub-par as I was not astounded by the level of commitment from teachers or anything of that nature. I did, however make it through school and graduate without a hitch. The discipline level could definitely be improved along with faculty/administrative involvement. Ashley High School is by no means the worst place to attend high school, but it is definitely not the best place either.
- 9 hours ago