Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Fort Myers High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Florida319Students
- University of Central Florida276Students
- Florida State University257Students
- Florida Gulf Coast University243Students
- University of South Florida203Students
- University of Miami138Students
- Florida Atlantic University125Students
- Edison State College92Students
- Nova Southeastern University66Students
- University of Tampa60Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
- Very Good193
I started out at this school going into the IB program, well, the Pre-IB program. Unfortunately my hopes for a good education sunk when I realized FMHS is more concerned about giving out work than they are about their students actually learning the content. So junior year I left the Pre-IB program, and joined the Dual Enrollment and AP programs. Dual Enrollment was fantastic. I got to take college classes at a real college, to get experience of what a college is like. All in all I would recommend the Dual Enrollment and AP Programs over IB. The teachers in the traditional program, (as in without AP, Dual Enrollment or IB), are honestly quite horrible. They don't care about their jobs much. It would be best to take Dual Enrollment, definitely. Thanks, and good luck!
- 2 months ago
The teachers at this school really care about the students. If a student is struggling, they give opportunities for test corrections, one on one meetings about concerns with the material,and they offer extra credit work. The teacher use multiple teaching style during a lesson to cater towards all students. This is really helpful because not all student process the lesson the same way. The teachers are very nice and passionate about their work and students. Teachers grade with the same consistency to all students. The teachers want you to learn the material, so if you do not do well on a test, they offer to go over the material or test again with the student after school. Fort Myers High has the best selection of teachers!
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
I believe that FMHS is a great school and has many opportunity's to exceed. I will never forget my high school experience here and I love all the great traditions this school has for all these years and still carry on to this day. My younger brother just started going here this year and I always tell him that before he knows it he will be graduating high school and to really cherish everyday going here and going to every possible school event going on. Our school I believe really respects the students and puts our needs first. The teachers continue to inspire me everyday and make it enjoyable for me to come to school. Overall, I believe that Fort Myers High School was the best option for me and I wouldn't change my high school experience for anything!
- High School Senior
- Dec 9 2015