Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Fort Myers High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Florida319Students
- University of Central Florida276Students
- Florida State University257Students
- Florida Gulf Coast University243Students
- University of South Florida203Students
- University of Miami138Students
- Florida Atlantic University125Students
- Edison State College92Students
- Nova Southeastern University66Students
- University of Tampa60Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
- Very Good193
Fort Myers is an excellent school in my opinion. My experience here was absolutely amazing and i wouldn't want to spend my highschool years anywhere else. I've made a lot of friends and i got connected with my chorus program that i have been in for almost 4 years. I've made relationships with teachers and a lot of them has tried to help me so that i could be the best i could be and i couldn't be any more appreciative.Our school has a lot of clubs and programs that help students get connected with the school and make everybody feel like family.
- 2 days ago
My experience was okay. I have gone here all 4 years. I liked most of my teachers. They were very helpful. I do not like our assistant principals. They are very rude and two faced. Mr. Larosa is the bomb though. Very nice and chill. He just doesn't take any playing around. He wants everyone to succeed.
- 4 days ago
I started out at this school going into the IB program, well, the Pre-IB program. Unfortunately my hopes for a good education sunk when I realized FMHS is more concerned about giving out work than they are about their students actually learning the content. So junior year I left the Pre-IB program, and joined the Dual Enrollment and AP programs. Dual Enrollment was fantastic. I got to take college classes at a real college, to get experience of what a college is like. All in all I would recommend the Dual Enrollment and AP Programs over IB. The teachers in the traditional program, (as in without AP, Dual Enrollment or IB), are honestly quite horrible. They don't care about their jobs much. It would be best to take Dual Enrollment, definitely. Thanks, and good luck!
- 6 days ago