Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Franklin County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Virginia Tech119Students
- Radford University98Students
- Virginia Western Community College96Students
- Liberty University73Students
- James Madison University72Students
- University of Virginia67Students
- Ferrum College66Students
- Virginia Commonwealth University46Students
- George Mason University39Students
- Roanoke College39Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
- Very Good109
Franklin County High School has a fair amount of clubs and organizations. Our administration enjoys getting involved and helping any way that they can. Our school has right many clubs, giving a variety to students to involve themselves in. There's something for everyone! One of the most successful clubs at our school would be FFA (Future Farmers of America), because many students that attend Franklin County High School have an interest in learning about tractors, animals etc. FFA has an annual "Tractor Day", which allows students to bring their own family tractors to school and show them off. This gets a lot of the students involved.
- High School Senior
- Mar 22 2015
My overall experience at this school has not been a good one. I generally find most teachers inexperienced with smarter students and complacent with students that don't care, don't try, and don't do the work. They pass these students the same as they pass the students that work hard and turn in their work on time and correctly. Most teachers waste time answering repeated questions and repeating lessons. Most students here are incompetent, uncaring, rude, and break many of the rules of the school. These include dress code violations, drug use, and unauthorized cell phone use. These students bring down the class and hold back the students that are there to learn the information for their futures. These are the students that care, that want to learn, that do their work, and want to have a future outside of fast food. I have met many of these students and have joined their not so secret group of intelligent people that take the classes that challenge them. The sports program has a lot of support but is terrible in performance. The football team loses every game but has the whole school's support. The only activities that do well, such a scholastic bowl and softball, get very little recognition in the student body, despite winning many of their matches and games. These students that participate in academic activities, students with disabilities, and students who are LGTB+ , are bullied severely. The school doesn't enforce their rules about bullying and these students go through high school being bullied ruthlessly and simply have to take it because they receive no help from the school. They are threatened and assaulted daily, but the school ignores it in favor of watching the football game or sending a girl home because she has a shorter dress or is showing her shoulders. The school cares more about sending the girl home to save the gross teenage boys than about her education. The food is terrible, and so are the people, but some are good and care about learning.
- High School Junior
- Feb 20 2015
We have some newer technology, but some things could seriously be updated. The guidance counselors are not very knowledgeable of opportunities for students that could greatly impact our futures. The principal though, is always willing to help in any way that she can. Franklin County is truly one of a kind!
- High School Junior
- May 2 2013