Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Franklin High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Washington271Students
- Western Washington University142Students
- Seattle University138Students
- Washington State University108Students
- University of Washington - Bothell87Students
- Seattle Community College - Central68Students
- Bellevue College46Students
- Seattle Pacific University42Students
- University of California - Los Angeles39Students
- Eastern Washington University33Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
- Very Good99
There are many options at school that appeal to each and every student. There is Lion Dance Club, Dance Posse, Key Club, National Honors Society, G.L.O.W (Gay, Lesbian, or Whatever), Earth Corps, Asian Student Association, etc. After school you can go to room 206 for tutoring help. Many students help tutor other students!
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago
My overall experience at Franklin is great. I will never forgot all my teachers, my counselor and my friends because everyone support me everyone I need it. Some of my greatest experience were being involve at Franklin clubs in which it make me learn about different cultures and my own culture but I think the clubs were great because everyone that was involved love to participate and wanted to be involve with the club. This school is a great school because of how everyone single one is someone that makes you feel that they are your family, this school doesn't make distinction between students, like Franklin says we are a Community and that word no other school will understand. I would definitely choose this school and spend 4 years in this school because Franklin is a school that if you ever make mistakes they will keep enforce you to do better everytime which I think every student needs that help and at Franklin you will never be alone.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
Depending on the club you're in, the required level of commitment could vary. This also goes for adminstration support. One example would be Asian Student Association. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities through this club and has the Humanities Junior/Senior Language Arts teacher for their advisor. This is one of the more popular clubs at Franklin. Another popular organization would be X-Bot, where students who are interested in engineering get to work hands on with robotics engineering as well as support from Microsoft engineers. On the otherhand, Black Student Union is a club that gets a good amount of admistration support but is not that popular. The level of commitment is unrealistic, most students don't join or don't participate. The Gay-Straight Alliance is now called GLOW (Gay Lesbian or Whatever). This was once a popular club but as of recently, it's popularity has gone down. They have also gotten negative feedback for their club name because students feel as if it doesn't represent the rest of the queer community. There are plenty of other clubs and activities at Franklin that are extremely fun to be in but it depends on one's interest.
- High School Junior
- 10 months ago