Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Franklin Regional Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Pittsburgh127Students
- Penn State99Students
- Duquesne University77Students
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania53Students
- Ohio State University39Students
- University of Pennsylvania37Students
- Slippery Rock University34Students
- Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania29Students
- Carnegie Mellon University27Students
- Bucknell University25Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good125
I really enjoy going to Franklin Regional. There are so many great ways to get involved with whatever you like to do. I love how the academics are challenging too so you know you are getting a quality education. There are things I would change, like the popular, judgmental group of people, but every school has them. My favorite experiences would have to be being a part of the middle school and high school musicals with my friends! It's so much fun staying after school to sing and dance with others who enjoy it and are talented.
- High School Sophomore
- Aug 6 2015
After the stabbing, the school went back to the tougher security measures they ditched under a previous superintendent. The new security measures allow for better trained on-campus security and more security cameras. They employed an independent school security trainer who had a lot of experience with other schools and law enforcement. We still do not have metal detectors but I am not complaining. I wouldn't feel any safer with them anyway. I have little experience with the school nurse but I did get a physical one time from them and it was very easy and comfortable for me.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
Through my years at Franklin regional I have had many amazing opportunities in extracurricular activities. Whether it be thorough sports, the fellowship of Christian athletes, kids helping kids (KHK), the mentor team, and many others. Most of the clubs I participated in met between one and three times a week, but things like lacrosse we practice about five times a week with between one and three games a week. I would have to say my favorite school activity is lacrosse being part of a team creates life long friends and teaches you many things such as disincline, respect, and hard work this has fed into my everyday life as well it makes me work harder in school and even push myself outside of school through things my coach has done it has made me want to help the people around me which is why I joined orgaizations like KHK and the mentor team. These two extracricular activity groups are used to help the kids of our school wether it be underclass men learning the school or implementing new antibullying ideas in classes it is a fantastic way to get to know the underclass men as well as get the opportunity to help this in your community. I am truly thankful for all the great oppettunities this school has offered through the years and will never forget all the amazing things these activities have taught me as well as done for me.
- Niche User
- Jan 22 2015