Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
5301 Tacony St Building 108
Philadelphia, PA 19137
Data not available
Franklin Towne Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Temple University106Students
- Holy Family University104Students
- Arcadia University73Students
- Drexel University68Students
- Penn State63Students
- La Salle University58Students
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania57Students
- University of Pennsylvania57Students
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania57Students
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania47Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
- Very Good79
I personally love Franklin Towne Charter. The teachers are constantly prepping the students for college and keystone testing all throughout the year. When you become a senior, it is required that the student and parents come in for a meeting to discuss colleges, which makes it feel like the parents are also involved. By the time most kids graduate from Franklin Towne Charter, they are ready and prepared to go off to college. Everywhere you go in the school, there is school spirit and kids/teachers wearing Towne logos. The food is nutritionist and there is even a day (Wednesday) dedicated to tutoring the students and making them better in their schoolwork. Even the sports prosper in excellence, winning championships each year for all different types of sports.
- 23 days ago
Franklin towne is overall one of the best schools to go too. The school holds it's students to a high standard, teachers spend countless hours of their own time to make sure students understands what they're learning in class or to just help a student if they need it. There is a numerous amount of sports, clubs, and activities that range from cooking club to flag football tournaments. Franklin Towne is beyond amazing at preparing students for college, they make sure students have all the materials they need for when they leave the school. The school is honestly a great school, the staff puts the students first and make sure to take in account of students opinions when making decisions. The only downside to Franklin Towne would be that students aren't able to use technology, for example, an iPad to read textbooks or laptops to take notes rather than notebooks but that still doesn't change the fact that Franklin towne is one of the best schools in the city.
- 2 months ago
Saying Franklin Towne Charter High School was an excellent school would be an understatement. This school is one of the best, not only because it pushes the students to have outstanding academics, but it also in a way causes the students to have great personalities, along with behavior skills. Since Franklin Towne is a college prep school it does almost everything it can in order to strive their students to want to go to college along with helping them with every step of the way. A lot of people in the city of Philadelphia look at Franklin Towne as a strict high school, somewhere they would not want to go, however those who attend this school come out intelligent and prepared for college. Franklin Towne is no doubt an amazing school.
- 13 days ago