Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Friendswood High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+200 Students
- A+195 Students
- A-135 Students
- A-85 Students
- A84 Students
- A-73 Students
- A+70 Students
- B+66 Students
- A-50 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
- Very Good149
The school itself is very team spirited with lots of nice people, but much like the typical high school is filled with all types of different cliques. The teachers are friendly, but do not do a good job at preparing for college. It is a very rich town with lots of people who act like they do not know what hard work is, because their parents do everything for them. Despite the negatives I actually had some great memories at this school. A few of my favorite experiences were at the Friday night football games when we would make signs, paint ourselves white and blue, and cheer on our Friendswood Mustangs!
- Niche User
- 5 months ago
The academics are outstanding, and the number of clubs or organizations are outstanding. Put it all together with Friday night football and you have the best school in the state!
- Niche User
- 6 months ago
At Friendswood High School, the teachers tend to keep an organized method of teaching. They consider the most common weak points of students and effectively build their lesson plans around these. Each teacher has an immense amount of knowledge in their respective field and are there for their students most mornings and afternoons. By putting the lessons taught in a way that younger students could understand, they are effective in helping students achieve an understanding. They also encourage students to excel further by placing challenging problems for students to solve in every lesson. There also exists a consistency in the grading method of each teacher. Each test and quiz is marked in accordance with all the necessary items and points are deducted depending on importance of item. I can safely say that if I went to another school, I believe I would not be receiving the highest education possible.
- High School Senior
- Dec 30 2015