Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Gainesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Florida323Students
- University of Central Florida179Students
- Santa Fe College175Students
- Florida State University161Students
- University of South Florida130Students
- University of Miami91Students
- Florida Atlantic University74Students
- Florida A&M University64Students
- University of North Florida63Students
- Santa Fe Community College54Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
- Very Good142
The past four years of high school at GHS have been amazing! The teachers I've had have all left a very positive impact on my overall daily life. The friends I've made while at GHS are possibly the best people I've ever met, no one Os really mean here and there aren't the typical cliques that are seen I most high schools today. Everyone is generally pretty friendly and will help you out of you need it. The school spirit at GHS is one of the things that i feel brings the students, faculty and parents altogether and i really regret not going to more sporting events throughout my four years at GHS.
- High School Senior
- 10 months ago
My experience at Gainesville High school was a very unique experience. When I first got there in my freshman year, I didn't know anybody at all. I was pretty much a loner as people would say. Then Spirit Week came along and there was a day where you dress up like people from the 60's, 70's, 80's. So I decided to dress up as Michael Jackson. So at lunch, they were playing music and I asked the DJ to play a Michael Jackson song. So when he did, I started dancing my heart out. Everyone saw me dancing and got up to get a front row seat. After that, everyone knew who I was, literally everyone started calling me MJ, Prince of Pop, Michael Reincarnated and whole lot of other names. It was the best day ever! I would probably choose this school if I could do it all over again bcuz I feel like I would be restarting my legacy as Michael Jackson.
- High School Junior
- 12 months ago
The only reason I wouldn't choose this school over again is because high school is done and over with! I always want to move up. Other than that, this school made my attendance worth it. There was always something cool going on, everyone was accepting.
- Niche User
- 7 months ago